There are many patients who ask how many acupuncture treatments do I need? That is a good question to ask. At Master Lu’s Health Center, we typically recommend on average five treatments and we will reassess. But then the question is do I need to keep coming forever? That is also a good question to ask your Chinese physician. Here are some reasons why continued care is good.
These suggestions come from Acupuncture Media Works. We think they are a good synopsis why it is good to continue with your acupuncture and Chinese medicine care.
1) Even though you may not be in pain or discomfort, it takes longer to heal than is indicated by how you feel. Your body continues to heal even when symptoms are gone. Acupuncture and Chinese medicine treats the root of the problem. So when symptoms are gone, the root of the problem may still need to be treated therefore it is a good idea to continue to get treatments so your problem will be gone.
2) Chinese medicine is about prevention. It is better to prevent an illness and maintain healthy. Acupuncture and Chinese medicine will continue to strengthen your body so you maintain healthy.
2) Acupuncture and Chinese medicine builds upon itself. Each time you come for an acupuncture treatment it improves the healing process within your body. You should get better and better each time you come in for a treatment. In China, Chinese doctors will treat patients three to four times per week for a typical treatment course of ten. Then the doctors will reassess to see if treatments need to be spread more apart or if the patients has been “cured.” Stopping or missing treatments could have a negative impact on your treatments. If you came in for a treatment for low back pain then came back three weeks later, your pain may not have changed that much because too much time in between treatments went by. It is best to have several treatments up front close together then reassess.
3) Acupuncture and Chinese medicine will improve your energy levels and help you feel more balanced. We live in a stressful society. There are many factors that can cause us to feel stressed which in turn may have an effect on our bodies. By having regular acupuncture treatments, you can feels more balanced and reduce your stress.
4) “An ounce of prevention , is worse a pound of cure.” Acupuncture and Chinese medicine will help build your body and prevent illness. It is still highly important to change your lifestyle habits so you can achieve your optimum health and wellness.
I hope these tips help you. If so please sign up for our monthly newsletter with tips, research, and more about how Chinese medicine will help you.